As the weather heats up in Sandy Springs, Georgia and other surrounding Atlanta cities, mosquitoes are increasing in numbers everywhere. It might seem like a small risk to take, however, many know that mosquitoes can carry the West Nile Virus, malaria, and other diseases, therefore it is probably to your best advantage to do something about them. There are many remedies some of which are weak and add little if any protection, while other methods are much stronger and can keeps those pesky mosquitoes under control.
There are a few methods you can use to control where mosquitoes might be breeding in your own backyard. Following these methods can dramatically reduce the number of mosquitoes in or around your home. It is imperative for mosquitoes to breed in water. It is also a good idea to do what you can to keep this from happening:
- Keep your gutters clean
- Check out items like an old tarp cover or anything else that might collect water
- Replace water in birdbaths, cat or dog bowls
- Fix outdoor faucets
- Dispose of any cups or cans lying around that may have collected water
There are stronger home methods that can be implemented to help rid your home of mosquitoes.
- Pyrethrin aerosols
- Keeping Goldfish in nearby watering holes, or other fish that might feed on mosquito larva
- Fogging devices from hardware or garden shops
- Putting salt in watering holes where one might suspect mosquito larva to live
Like with almost everything else, you get what you pay for, and mosquito control is not different. Contacting a local professional pest control service like Pacific Pest Solutions can get the job done and done well the first time. Do not be afraid if you live in the Metro Atlanta Area, because one free quote and one free call might be all you need to fight the summertime blues.