1) They are small wingless insects.
2) There are over 90+ known species of Bed Bugs.
3) One of the most common species is Cimex lectularius.
4) Bed Bug eggs are sticky, and sticks to things very easily. Like a mattress.
5) Bed Bugs are tiny at first, but can grow to 4-7 mm in length.
6) Bed Bugs tend to attack at night, usually right before dawn.
7) Bed Bugs are extremely adaptive. They can survive in cold and hot climates. This increases the need of an Atlanta pest control professional.
8) Bed bugs saliva has properties similar to an anesthetic, this is why most people sleep through their biting attacks.
9) According to the CDC Bed Bugs are not known to carry disease.
10) Female bed bugs can lay up to 500 eggs in a lifetime.
These are just some of the facts regarding bed bugs. If you have questions, please contact us as soon as possible. Our Atlanta pest control professionals are waiting to hear from you and eliminate your bed bug infestation.